Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Back to School, Back to Work

I've been out of school for a very long time now, and I don't even have kids in school anymore.  Still, to me Labor Day seems like the beginning of the year, every time it rolls around.  And I don't think I'm alone, because we can certainly notice it here in the office.  One agent just said to me that he'd been spinning his wheels all of August, waiting for people to get back to work and also to their real estate issues.  This year, even the weather made us want to get out of the swimming pool and back to our desks.

What does that mean for sellers and buyers?  There is a noticeable uptick in the market from Labor Day through Halloween, and it's a window you should use to your advantage.  If you trying to sell, this is when you need to get real about the price, the condition, and the cost of waiting versus selling now.  If you are buying, you may find more product out there to choose from, and you may find it easier to make a deal, particularly if you are buying for cash.  Whichever camp you're in, don't let the season pass you by.  Get out there and let the cooler weather spur you on to action!